Hi everyone! I’m here doing the TMI post this week with Chelsi I hope you all enjoy it and maybe get some of you to join us 🙂
1. What year were you born in? I was born in 1991.
2. Do you have any pictures of yourself from when you were younger? If you do, show them. I thought I would do something fun with this question. Since I don’t have any pictures of myself on my tablet I called my sister and told her to pick one for me, scan it or whatever and email it. I was totally counting on it being an embarrassing photo, something like where you make a complete mess and have cake all over your face, or your hair is just crazy, lol. Oh well maybe next time. It’s hard to see but I’m the one in the pool. Figures I’d be in the water.
3. What TV shows did you grow up watching? What shows didn’t I watch? I watched a lot of Full House, Sailor Moon, Sesame Street, etc. But of the most interesting TV viewing of my childhood would have to be Star Trek. And I’m not talking about just the original series, all of them, lol. My dad exposed me to it at a young age and it just became a father daughter thing, but I’m totally into it.
4. What did you want to be when you grow up and do you still want to be that? Hmm thinking back to when I was a kid I wanted to be an jet fighter pilot (I’m not kidding). Nope that hasn’t happened. I like to go fast, just not that fast. 😛
5. Show a video of yourself when you were younger? On VHS at my parent’s house I’m sure.
6. What were your favorite toys to play with? Sand castle buckets. I grew up on the beach so plastic hand shovels, and those funny shaped buckets were with me every day.
7. What’s the most embarrassing thing that you can remember doing? LOL Ok, have you ever had a huge crush on a guy and tried to make a really good first impression and failed? Well I have. I was in high school and I was really into this guy, I thought he was super cute and funny and it took me weeks to muster up the courage to ask him out. But I did…. And I sneezed on him. Yeah, I know. I wanted to crawl under a rock and die. We never went out, lol.
8. Read something you wrote when you were in Kindergarten. Nothing on me but I know I wrote a note to my kindergarten teacher one day, all in crayon, saying I was taking the day off or something to that effect.
9. Three songs you loved to listen to as a child. Pretty much anything you would be embarrassed to listen to now, lol.
10. What was one funny thing you dressed up as for Halloween when you were younger? Cat woman, super girl, and Ariel from The Little Mermaid, to name a few.
11. Tell a funny story of something you remember happening when you were young. I was chasing my sister around our father’s car and she and I ended up on either side of it. I could see her teasing me from the other side. I was mad that I couldn’t catch her and for whatever reason grabbed a handful of rocks and throw them at her. Yes, right throw the car window. When my dad asked me who did it I said the big bad wolf did it and that he ran down the street and my dad had no hope of ever catching him. Yeah, my dad saw right through that lie!
12. Are there any special things you’ve kept from when you were a child? I have a jar of beach glass somewhere back home.
13. What was something weird you used to do as a child? Hmm the thing popping in my mind is when I would take the sofa cushions off and use them as a sled to slide down the stairs.
14. What’s the scariest thing you remember that happened to you when you were younger? So I don’t actually remember this happening because I almost died, but my dad and brother were both there. We went camping in the Western Washington and we set up at a site near the river. I remember seeing my brother messing around on a log that hung over the river and my dad yelled at him to not play on it. He also instructed me not to do so either. But I didn’t listen. My brother did it, so naturally I wanted to do it too, only better. So I did, when no one was looking (my dad was in the tent) I climbed up and onto the log a ways before slipping. I hit my head on the log when I fell and floated face down for sometime before my brother dad and pulled me out. I don’t have any recollection of this or of the drive to the hospital, but my dad said I was ice cold and not breathing when they pulled me out. But the doctor said I was completely fine when I got there, no concussion or anything I was monitored for 24 hours and when he asked me how I felt all I said was that I was really hungry, lol. Scariest moment of my dad’s life though. What’s even weirder is I’m not afraid of the water, go figure.
15. How is the world now different from how it was like when you were a child? Definitely how connected everyone is and how smart some of today’s kids are about electronics. Paper and pen being replace by a computer screen.