Just do it! ❤
There’s nothing like a good hug to invigorate your day, comfort your body and soothe a stressed soul.
Plus it’s healthy!
- Stress Relief: Big Presentation Coming Up? A strong hug helps lower cortisol, the stress hormone.
- Boost Immune System: When body and mind are balanced and cortisol is low (after giving or receiving a hug!), the body’s immune system is strengthened, helping you ward off illness and disease.
- Lower Blood Pressure: A 20 second hug can lower blood pressure and slow your heart rate, an excellent way to lower your risk for cardiovascular disease AND cuddle with someone!
- Improve Personal Connections:Hugs help nurture a sense of safety, trust and honesty.
- Alleviate Muscle Tension: If you hold tension in your body, hugging is a cozy way to relax tension in your soft tissue.
- Calm the Nervous System:The parasympathetic (‘fight-or-flight’) response in the body becomes…
View original post 118 more words